Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does Pending mean?
- Pending means we have receievd your order. We are looking into the quickest way to get your items fulfilled and to you, whether it be pulling from our shelves, ordering from our distributor, or a combination of both.
What is the average time to process a order?
- If we have the items on our shelves, it takes may take several business days due to the high volume of online orders.
- If we have to request the items from our distrubtor, it takes seven and ten business days on average.
- If the item is on backorder, it may much longer for us to receieve the items from our distributor.
What does 1-10 day shipping mean?
- It will take 1 -10 day of shipping before you receieve the package in hand or on your doorstep.
If I request shipping, what is the average time it takes to mail and receive my order?
- In additional to the average time to process a web order (see above), the speed of shipping depends on the chosen shipping method.
Your website said the book is in stock at your store. Why isn't my order ready?
- Sometimes, in-store customers claim the book before we can retrieve it for your order. If that happens, we need to order it from our distributor. If we are able to retrieve the book from our shelves, it may take several business days due to the high volume of online orders.
I never recieved an email telling me the status of my order.
- Make sure to check your junk and spam folders, just in case that has an email pertaining to the status of your order. If you have any additional questions about your order, not answered on this page, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have several gift cards I want to use for my order but the ordering system only allows me to put in one card.
- You can always use the Notes field to enter additional gift card numbers and we will apply them to your order.
What does backordered mean?
- If the distributor has put an item on backorder, that means they are waiting for the publisher to print more copies of the book. As such, it may take a bit longer to get to us. Sometimes, the distributor puts an estimated date on their website, but unfortunately, that's not always guarenteed. Sometimes the publisher decides not to print more copies, making the book out of print and unavailable for us to order. If that happens, we will contact you to let you know your book is out of print and unable to be ordered.
How will I know when my order is ready for pick-up?
- Keep an eye on your email. Customers are notified via email when a book(s) arrive for the order. It will also state whether it is a partial or complete order. Make sure to check your spam or junk folder for any emails reguarding your order.
I cancelled my order and don't see a refund on my credit card.
- We only authorize your credit card when you make the order but we do not charge your card until all of your books have been recieved. Many credit card companies show a "pending" charge on your card for this authorization. When we cancel your order, this "pending" charge just disappears off your card without ever charging it. This will also take about 3-7 days to fully process.
I only received one book. Why was I charged for the whole order?
- If you placed an order online, we capture the money for the whole order. However, our system where we actually process the order, we only charge you as the books are receieved.
Are you accepting used books right now?
- Unfortunately, due to the health crisis, our used book program has been suspended. We are not accepting used books at this time. We will be sure to update our website when we reinstate the program.
What's the status of your Local Author Consignment Program?
- Unfortunately, due to the health crisis, our local author program has been suspended. We will be sure to update our website when we reinstate the program.
Are you selling magazines?
- Unfortunately, due to the health crisis, we are not selling magazines. We hope to return to selling magazines after the 2020 holiday season.
Can I purchase used or bargin books on your website?
- Used books and bargin books can only be purchased in store.
My question isn't on this page. Who can I contact?
- Click Here for our Contact Us page