Tattered Cover is pleased to welcome Thatcher Wine to our McGregor Square location on February 5th at 6:30pm to discuss his book The Twelve Monotasks! This is a free event.
About the Book
Reclaim your attention, productivity, and happiness with this “captivating, informative and beautifully written” book by learning how to keep your focus on one familiar task at a time (Nate Berkus).
Modern life is full of to-do lists, all-consuming technology, and the constant pressure to be doing and striving for more. What if you could train your brain to focus on one thing at a time? What if the secret to better productivity involved doing less, not more?
Drawing on research in psychology, neuroscience, and mindfulness, The Twelve Monotasks provides a clear and accessible plan for life in the twenty-first century. Practice resisting distractions and building focus by reading, walking, and listening. Do the things you already do, such as eating, playing, and creating, with renewed attention.
The Twelve Monotasks will help you strengthen your monotasking muscles so that you can do one thing at a time, do it well, and enjoy all of your life.
About the Author
Thatcher Wine is a successful entrepreneur, dedicated father, and cancer survivor. He is the Founder & CEO of Juniper Books, a company based in Boulder, Colorado that specializes in custom curated libraries and designing special edition book sets. Juniper Books has a global reach with customers in 60 countries and a large Instagram following.
Thatcher is the co-author of For the Love of Books: Designing and Curating a Home Library, published by Gibbs Smith in September 2019. Thatcher’s work has been featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Architectural Digest, Elle Decor, New York Magazine, on CBS Sunday Morning, and numerous other media outlets.
Important Event Information:
- The following safety measures have been put in place for all events to ensure the safety of our staff, speakers, and customers:
- Masks for audience members are mandatory throughout the event
- No food or drink will be permitted into the event area
- Seats will be set up in groups of 2-4 and 6" in distance from other groups
- Social distancing of 6" with the speakers is required unless the speaker invites customers closer
- Alcohol is available for purchase at McGregor Square with a valid form of identification for all 21-year-old and older patrons. All alcohol purchased and opened during an event must be consumed on site.