Thank you for your interest in the Tattered Cover as a possible place of employment. Because any employment decision is a very important one, we'd like to give you some basic information about working here that might influence your decision even before you take the time to fill out our application.
We need employees who are able to work evenings and weekends on a regular, not rotating, basis. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, discounts on merchandise, a bus pass, and a 401(k) plan.
The work is customer-oriented, very detailed, and sometimes physically demanding. Most of us spend long hours on our feet. Dust and printer's ink are part of our daily environment, and applicants must have an adaptable nature because job descriptions here are often loose.
Working in retail and on-site can be challenging in these unprecedented times of COVID and the national health crisis. In compliance with local laws, we require both staff and customers to wear masks that cover their nose and mouth while present in the stores. We also require more cleaning and attention to personal hygiene than ever before. We expect all team members to be kind to themselves, colleagues, and customers. It is our priority to do our part and to keep our community clean and safe.
Due to the health crisis, our hiring procedures have changed. We conduct all interviews over Zoom, rather than in person. If you are interested in following up on the status of your application, please email Sarah.Heath@TatteredCover.com. We retain all applications for two (2) years, but it is a good idea to send an email every three (3) months if you are still available for employment at Tattered Cover. If the details of your application have changed, please feel free to email Sarah.Heath@TatteredCover.com to update your information.
Job: Sales Development Representative
Description: This is a full-time, hybrid position onsite/remote, position based out of our Colfax Location. Compensation is base rate of $14.77/hour with sales commission of 3-4% of net sales, Tattered Cover has many opportunities to expand their reach for bulk book sales and curated placements with different groups and organizations across the state. We are seeking a full-time, commissioned, sales person who answers to the Outside Sales Coordinator.
- Build new relationships with various organizations to create new and ongoing sales opportunities and partnerships.
- Follow-up on leads, work with Marketing and Outside Sales Coordinator to create targeted sales plans, and bolster relationships with existing sales partners.
- Be the point of contact in the organization for bulk business: engage in lively conversations, be a subject matter expert on TC's products and culture, respond to calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Assist the Outside Sales Coordinator with various sales department tasks: support promotions and conference sales, create target prospect lists, research potential leads, work to maintain relationships and correspondences between sales opportunities.
What you'll love about this job:
- Flexible schedule and self-directed work.
- Tons of earning opportunity and various sales incentives.
- Quarterly payouts of commissions on closed sales.
- An enthusiastic and helpful team to be a part of.
- Varied health benefits options: employer subsidized HMO and HD health plans, dental, vision, PTO, and 401K.
What we'll love about you:
- Your sales experience is something you're proud of.
- You love local businesses and being the person who builds great partnerships for long-lasting business and sales relationships.
- You're independent and enjoy setting and surpassing your own goals.
- You love the idea of getting great books into the community and being a public face of a Denver institution excites you.
Established in 1971, Tattered Cover Book Store is one of America's premier independent bookstores, a Denver institution, a community gathering place, and an experience you can't download. Tattered Cover is a locally-owned business with an unwavering commitment to the customer and the community, with four unique stores in metro Denver, and three satellite stores at Denver International Airport. Each location offers personal service, a large, well-curated selection of new and used books, an extensive newsstand, and gifts. Tattered Cover hosts more than 600 authors, illustrators, public figures, community events, book festivals and schools annually. Tattered Cover Book Store is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
It is the policy of Tattered Cover to give equal opportunity to all qualified persons. All employment decisions are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications, and all employees and applicants are treated equally in these and all other respects without regard to race, religion, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status (including, subject to special circumstances, marriage to a coworker), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Revised January 5 2021