Stoicism: Live a Life of Virtue - Complete Guide on Stoicism (Stoicism Series) (Volume 3) (Paperback)
Stoicism Series Book #3
Stoicism: Live a Life of Virtue - Complete Guide on Stoicism provides an overview of the history of the stoic philosophy as well as profiles of some of the ancient masters who contributed to its development. In addition, it tells the stories of some modern practitioners of the philosophy who successfully used it to overcome difficult situations in their lives. We have also provided a number of exercises that you can use to help make Stoicism a part of your daily life.
Topics covered include:
- The early history of Stoicism, from its founding as a school of thought by Zeno in 300 BC to its decline due to the growing popularity of Christianity, and its resurgence in modern times.
- Profiles of three masters who were important in the development of the Stoic philosophy: Epictetus, the former slave who became one of the most influential Stoic philosophers; Marcus Aurelius, the Roman emperor who helped promote its popularity; and the controversial Seneca, who sought to live the Stoic life in spite of his lavish lifestyle.
- Why Stoicism became popular in recent years and its appeal not only to people from all walks of life as well as those with differing belief systems.
- Practical exercises that you can use to practice Stoic mindfulness in your daily life, ranging from morning and evening reflections to keeping a mindfulness journal.
- Inspiring stories of people who have used Stoicism in order to overcome difficult situations in their daily lives, including the amazing story of Sam Sullivan, who used Stoic principles to not only recover from a crippling injury that left him paralyzed but also to successfully run for mayor of Vancouver.
Start living the stoic life today.