Achieving Equity and Excellence: Immediate Results from the Lessons of High-Poverty, High-Success Schools (a Strategy Guide to Equitable Classroom Pra (Paperback)
Achieve high performance for all in your school. In Achieving Equity and Excellence, author Douglas Reeves outlines how to make dramatic improvements to student learning, behavior, and attendance in a single semester. Study the mindset of high-poverty, high-success schools and follow their example to implement the equitable and just practices necessary to make student success a sustainable reality.
Use this resource to empower students, teachers, and administrators:
- Study the landmark research on the practices of high-performing, high-poverty schools, and discover updated research showing how these results can be applied.
- Discover what high-poverty schools do differently to achieve high performance, and learn how to implement these strategies in your classroom.
- Transform any school into an effective and productive school through learner-centered teaching.
- Learn the importance of action during the change process and why action must come before belief to implement equitable teaching practices.
- Explore effective accountability systems, the different levels of accountability, and how these systems should be implemented to meet the needs of diverse learners.