Insight Guides Explore Amsterdam (Travel Guide with Free Ebook) (Insight Explore Guides) (Paperback)
Insight Guides Explore Amsterdam
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
Focused travel guide featuring the very best routes and itineraries, now with free eBook.
Part of our UEFA Euro 2020 guidebook series. If you're planning to visit the Johan Cruijff Arena to watch Amsterdam for Euro 2020 matches, then this pocket guidebook provides all the information you need to make the most of your trip, from ready-made itineraries to help you explore the city when you're not at the game, to essential advice about getting around.
Discover the best of Amsterdam with this unique travel guide, packed full of insider information and stunning images. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see, top attractions like Anne Frank's House, the Van Gogh Museum and the Old Centre, to discovering cultural gems, including a trip in time to the Rembrandt House Museum, which has been restored to how it looked in the painter's lifetime, a family day out at the Artis Royal Zoo and a visit to the Oude Kerk (Old Church), one of Amsterdam's most impressive churches, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking routes will save you time, and help you plan and enhance your visit to Amsterdam.
Features of this travel guide to Amsterdam:
- 18 walks and tours: detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat and drink along the way
- Local highlights: discover the area's top attractions and unique sights, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights: immerse yourself in Amsterdam's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Insider recommendations: discover the best hotels, restaurants and nightlife using our comprehensive listings
- Practical full-colour map: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information: packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free app and eBook to access all this and more from your phone or tablet
- Covers: The Golden Age Canals; The Principal Squares; The Museum Quarter; The Old Centre (The Wallen); The Zoo Disctrict; The Harbour; The Canals by Pedal Bike; Amsterdam by Tram; By Bicycle along the River Amstel; The Jordaan; The Jewish Quarter; Amsterdam Bos; Leidseplein; Rembrandtplein; Red-Light District; Haarlen and Zandvoort; The Usselmeer by Bike; The Hague
Looking for a comprehensive guide to the Netherlands? Check out Insight Guides the Netherlands for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.