Fodor's Amsterdam: With the Best of the Netherlands (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- In addition to comprehensive coverage of Amsterdam, in-depth coverage of other cities in the Netherlands, including Rotterdam and The Hague, is also included
- Local writers who are up-to-date on the most exciting things happening across the country
- According to the Netherlands Board of Tourism & Convention, the number of annual visitors is projected to increase by 50% over the next decade. In an effort to stem disorderly tourists, and make the city more enjoyable for both tourists and locals alike, the government has banned guided tours of the Red Light District as of January 2020, and many of the cannabis "coffee shops" have closed. Fanning out from the city center, new neighborhoods are starting to emerge, and other regions in the Netherlands are being marketed, which helps alleviate crowds and introduces tourists to the country's many other points of interest
- Greater Amsterdam is experiencing a hotel boom and a new cruise terminal is actively being considered by city leaders and planners
- New front cover has eye-catching full-bleed images with key selling points on the frontNew back cover is fully-redesigned
- "Best of" Lists will visually engage the reader and provide an overview of the entire destination (best things to eat, see, do, drink, as well as what to read and watch before going)
- Visually focused with more color and images including more full and half-page images throughout and color-coded category icons
- Other useful features including Great Itineraries, The Best Tours, "Travel Smart" (logistical planning tips section) now at the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel
- Stronger Voice and Opinions give all Fodor's guides more personality. Books are more friendly and conversational in tone, going beyond informational to being inspirational
CURATED AND RELEVANT:
- Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time.Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
- Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.
Please see additional key selling points in the book main description