Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Miracle of Love: 101 Stories about Hope, Soul Mates and New Beginnings (Paperback)
The Miracle of Love can happen when you least expect it—in new relationships and in old ones—at any age and any stage of life.
Love happens—and these stories of dating and romance, proposals and weddings, second chances, and happiness at any age will put a smile on your face. Whether you’re in a longstanding relationship or looking for your soul mate, you’ll enjoy these stories of true love, serendipity, and destiny. Read about:
- Jill, who listened to a performer’s songs over and over, drawing comfort from his lyrics as she went through a divorce. After a few years, she got his number and called to thank him. They’ve been married 28 years.
- Lisa, who saw the same cute teenage boy twice in two years, and only for a moment each time, in two different states. She fell for him but never saw him again—until 30 years later, when they met at work and fell in love.
- Holly, who worked at a church and became great friends with a co-worker— a monk. She thought they were just friends, but he realized it was more. He left the monkhood, asked her out, and proposed on their first date.
- Joyce, who buys a secondhand wedding dress and veil on impulse, and then is embarrassed as years pass without finding Mr. Right. When she finally meets him, they’re engaged in a week, and she’s got the dress!
- Heather, who was stuck in traffic next to a cute guy who kept waving and smiling at her. Finally he shouted out his number, which her mom wrote down. Heather called him that night… and they’ve been married 20 years.
- LaRonda, who met her husband after he dreamt about her three times and a mutual friend recognized the woman he described.
About the Author
Amy Newmark is author, publisher, and editor-in-chief of the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series.