Small Business Management: Creating a Sustainable Competitive Advantage (Paperback)
Now with SAGE Publishing
Timothy S. Hatten's Small Business Management: Creating a Sustainable Competitive Advantage, Seventh Edition equips students with the tools they need to navigate the important financial, legal, marketing, managerial, and operational decisions to help them create and maintain a sustainable competitive advantage in small business. Strong emphasis is placed on application with Experiential Learning Activities and application of technology and social media throughout. New cases, real-world examples, and illuminating features spotlight the diverse, innovative contributions of small business owners to the economy. Whether your students dream of launching a new venture, purchasing a franchise, managing a lifestyle business, or joining the family company, they will learn important best practices for competing in the modern business world.
New to this Edition
- Experiential Learning Activities provide students with hands-on opportunities to practice their small business management skills.
- Tech in Action boxes highlight how small business owners can leverage technology, big data, and social media.
- Issues in Small Business boxes prompt critical thinking on current issues.
- Small Business in Action videos showcase stories and interviews from a wide variety of small business owners.
- How To. . . videos provide students with instructions and examples of basic business tasks such as performing a breakeven analysis, understanding income statements, and forecasting demand.