The Joy of Birding: A Beginner's Guide (Joy of Series) (Paperback)
The ideal illustrated companion for becoming a successful bird watcher.
If you’ve ever been intrigued by chirping in the treetops or wished you could attract more bird life to your front porch, The Joy of Birding is for you. This colorful and unique guide combines the best of all birding books—it offers basic instructions for beginning birders, a key for identifying popular birds, and tips for attracting beautiful winged visitors to your neighborhood and backyard.
Author Kate Rowinski shows readers how to:
- Find and use markings, wing shape, beak shape, and size to identify birds
- Understand bird behaviors
- Recognize specific songs and calls
- Photograph birds in flight and repose
- Share the pleasure of bird-watching with others
- Vacation where birds are bound to be
Reading it is almost as much fun as birding!
About the Author
Kate Rowinski is the author of a number of books, including The Wilderness Guide to Dutch Oven Cooking, The Ultimate Guide to Making Chili, and The Quotable Cook. She co-owns the Horse and Hound Gastropub in Charlottesville, Virginia with her husband Jim, her daughter Brooke, and her son-in-law Luther Fedora.