Platters and Boards: Beautiful, Casual Spreads for Every Occasion (Appetizer Cookbooks, Dinner Party Planning Books, Food Presentation Books) (Hardcover)
“When a book looks you in the eye and tells you that your love of charcuterie can be applied to s’mores, you shut up and take notes.”
“As someone who would prefer to subsist almost entirely on wine and charcuterie, this cookbook is the stuff dreams are made of.”
“My first thought upon seeing this cookbook: How beautiful! My second thought: Do I really need a cookbook to tell me how to arrange things on a tray? The answer is yes! Packed with recipes, this book is both inspirational and practical.”— —Tattered Cover Buying Team
Bestselling cookbook shares the secrets to easy, attractive, and delicious spreads
With 40 contemporary spreads to graze on presented with gorgeous photography, easy recipes, and helpful tips
An inspiring resource for throwing unforgettable get-togethers: Platters and Boards is the guide to entertaining with effortless style. Author Shelly Westerhausen shares the secrets to creating casually chic spreads anyone can make and everyone will enjoy (and envy). Organized by time of day, 40 contemporary arrangements are presented with gorgeous photography, easy-to-prepare recipes, suggested meat and drink pairings, and notes on preparation and presentation.
- With recipes and presentation ideas for breakfast, brunch, appetizer, antipasto, charcuterie, and cheese boards to share with friends and family
- Makes an inspiring bridal shower, housewarming, or hostess gift
- Celebrated cookbook author and food blogger Shelly Westerhausen is the author of Vegetarian Heartland and the founder of the blog Vegetarian Ventures
A visual cornucopia of a cookbook with 40 contemporary arrangements presented with gorgeous photography, easy recipes, and helpful tips including:
- Tips on portioning
- Guides to picking surfaces and vessels
- Recommendations for pairing complementary textures and flavors
- A handy chart featuring board suggestions for a variety of occasions from holiday parties to baby showers
About the Author
Shelly Westerhausen is the author of Vegetarian Heartland and the founder of the blog Vegetarian Ventures. She lives in Bloomington, Indiana, with her boyfriend, Wyatt.
Wyatt Worcel is a musician and a contributor to Vegetarian Ventures.