National Geographic Kids Almanac 2013 (Hardcover)
The NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS ALMANAC is the world's best-selling Almanac for kids. The 2012 edition landed at #3 on the New York Times best seller list! In true National Geographic style, this book excites young people about their world and everything in it. Amazing animals, cool inventions, dinosaurs, funny roadside attractions, robots, outer space, green tips, natural disasters, maps, games, activities, and more are all here in one volume. The 2013 Almanac is packed with fun information, browsable features, and helpful reference on subjects including animals, technology, countries, presidents, animals, and weather, just for starters. Chapters include Amazing Animals, Going Green, Geography Rocks, Super Science, Wonders of Nature, Awesome Adventure, Culture Connection, History Happens, and now a brand-new mini joke book inside. Exciting changes for 2013 include:
· Forty percent of the photos and articles will be new
· A special joke section features 20 pages of hilarious jokes and funny animal photos that kids will love to share with their friends and family.
· A fully updated "Your World" section, which opens the Almanac, will include all-new, up-to-the-moment content for 2013;
· All-new fun facts, activities, games, and crafts
· More than 500 photographs, including incredible gorgeous new photo spreads featuring animals, adventure, nature, and more
· 8 Homework Help sections
· All facts, figures, and reference material will be updated;
· And much more...
About the Author
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS inspires young adventurers to explore the world through award-winning magazines, books, website, apps, games, toys, television series and events and is the only kids brand with a world-class scientific organization at its core.
"From adventure to science, from examinations of many cultures to explorations of the wonders of nature, here’s a book no kid (or grown-up) can resist." --ReadKiddoRead.com
"Learning about your world and everything in it was never so much fun!" --Belleville-Nutley Patch