Un-Civilizing America: How Win-Win Deals Make Us Better (Hardcover)
Discover what sets a fair and just economy apart from the rest
In Un-Civilizing America - How Win-Win Deals Made Us Rich, bestselling author William Bonner delivers an incisive and engrossing account of the American economy, the four simple steps to earning money the honest way, and why many choose the dishonest way instead. He also discusses the shadow groups that influence America behind the scenes and how their power grew so large they lost the need to remain hidden, and what really drives the government's phony wars--including the War on Drugs and the US-China trade war.
In the book, you'll learn why the best kinds of economies run on "win-win" deals and how companies and individuals use market-set prices to maximize their utility. You'll also discover:
- Why the "Sermon on the Mount" was the best economic and social advice ever given
- How civilization developed and the one thing that sets it apart from barbarity
- How "win-lose" deals inevitably force one side or the other to accept the terms of the "agreement"
- Why allowing only one side to profit in an arrangement is a recipe for disaster in the long run
- Why capitalism favors "win-win" deals while socialism prefers the "win-lose" variety
A can't-miss resource for anyone interested in American or global economics and finance, Un-Civilizing America will also earn a place on the bookshelves of business leaders, entrepreneurs, policy and lawmakers, and regulators.