Long-Term Care Administration and Management: Effective Practices and Quality Programs in Eldercare (Paperback)
This concise guide to long-term services and supports introduces a broad array of topics and presents ideas on how to get more extensive information... A variety of graphs, tables, and charts make the information easy to understand. Overall the book is well-organized with chapters that can stand on their own... Readers considering going into long-term care management or administration would find this book a valuable tool."--Doody's Medical Reviews
This is a comprehensive reference for long-term care administrators, practitioners and students who want to understand the options, issues, and trends related to the effective administration and management of long-term care communities. The book is unique in its in-depth focus on what needs to be accomplished and the evidence-based information about what actually works. Multifaceted insights address the ever-changing world of the long-term care industry and offer best practices and model programs in eldercare.
This multidisciplinary book covers the most crucial aspects of management including federal and/or state regulations required to provide long-term care services and operate long-term care communities. It offers advice on care at home, naturally occurring retirement communities, and continuing care retirement communities, client care, staff retention, preventing elder abuse and neglect, anticipating and managing litigation and arbitration in long-term care, aging and human diversity, Alzheimer's Disease, palliative care, care transitions, and much more. Distilling many years of practical, research and teaching experience, the authors provide the necessary tools and tips that will enable professionals to maximize the quality of care and the quality of life for older adults living in long-term care communities. Each chapter includes helpful pedagogical features such as learning objectives, case studies, effective practices, and/or model programs in eldercare.
- Based on federal and/or state regulations required to provide long-term care services and operate long-term care communities
- Examines the complex operations of long-term care options for effective eldercare
- Highlights the most cost-effective practices and model programs in long-term care communities that are currently used throughout the United States
- Provides useful tips about client care and staff retention as well as marketing and census development, financing and reimbursement, and legal issues
- Promotes innovative collaboration between education, research, and practice that is reflected by the training of the editors and contributing authors