The Baker's Appendix: The Essential Kitchen Companion, with Deliciously Dependable, Infinitely Adaptab le Recipes: A Baking Book (Hardcover)
The ultimate quick, yet thorough, reference for bakers, with every metric conversion and ingredient substitution you could want, plus 18 recipes for basic, fail-proof cakes, frostings, and cookies—with variations that combine to make dozens of desserts.
Bakers will wonder how they ever lived without this indispensable resource, featuring:
• Cups-to-grams conversions for ingredients
• Basic recipes for cakes, quick breads, cookies, frostings, and more, with dozens of variations
• Ingredient substitutions
• DIY extracts, natural food colorings, sprinkles, and more
• Decorating tips for cakes and cookies
• Conversions for oven temperatures
• Adjustments for baking at high altitudes
• Volume charts for baking pans of all sizes
About the Author
JESSICA REEDis a writer, a baker, an artist, and a historian. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and their daughter.