Compass American Guides: Yosemite & Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks (Paperback)
Please email or write store for pricing and availability information.
Special Request - May Not Be Available
When I first explored Yosemite Valley more than a decade ago, I was enchanted by the waterfalls, the serenity, and the canopy of the Milky Way over my tent. Today, as both a writer and a nature-lover, I'm still electrified by Yosemite and its neighbors, the Sequoia and Kings Canyon national parks. Since
I live a few hours west of these parks, I escape there whenever I can--and this time, I'm taking you along. Teaming up with me are two acclaimed photographers and fellow Californians. Chris Falkenstein embodies the adventurous spirit of Yosemite; he's lived in the area since 1972 and is an avid rock climber and skier. Robert Holmes, meanwhile, came to northern California at the invitation of photography legend Ansel Adams in the 1970s. --Sara Benson, author Author Sara Benson and photographers Chris Falkenstein and Robert Holmes know the parks inside out and bring you: - The places we love to wander, through giant sequoia groves and past soaring waterfalls
- Recommendations on the best hikes, climbs, fishing, snowshoe treks, and other fun activities
- Reviews of local-favorite places to stay and eat
- Stunning full-color photography
- Detailed, easy-to-use maps
- Background on the area's rich cultural and natural history
- Special in-depth sections on rock climbing and the parks' "supersized" sights.