Shop for a Good Cause
Shop for a Good Cause Fact Sheet
- Any non-profit organization with a valid Tax Exempt number is welcome to participate in the Shop for a Good Cause program; one In-Store Fundraiser per organization per calendar year.
- Fundraisers can be scheduled for any day January 1 through the Monday prior to Thanksgiving (with the Tattered Cover reserving the right to block off any days due to conflicts).
- The participating organization will be given an original Shop for a Good Cause Certificate. The certificate should then be reproduced and distributed by the non-profit to its supporters prior to the shopping event. Certificates may not be distributed to non-participating Tattered Cover customers during the event.
- The organization’s supporters can then shop on the designated day—and their purchases will be counted toward the donation when they hand in a certificate when making a purchase.
- Funds from the Shop for a Good Cause event will be paid to the organization only when a certificate is attached to a receipt on the designated day. Purchases made without vouchers, including phone orders, mail orders, or e-mail orders, will be excluded.
- All in-stock merchandise purchases (excluding special orders, food, beverages, Kobo readers and tablets, and gift cards) are eligible.
- Following the Shop for a Good Cause event, sales receipts accompanied by a certificate will be tallied and a donation calculated based on the table below. A check, or credit for book purchases, will be issued to the organization within one month.
- Organizations can also work with the Tattered Cover to collect book donations from supporters during an in-store fundraiser. Ask the store manager for details.
- Sales Total Donation Earned $0.00 to $1,000 5%; $1,001 to $2,500 7.5%; $2,501 to $10,000 10%; $10,001+ 15%
Colfax Avenue: Anders Jeffrey, 303-322-1965, ext.1502, email@example.com
Historic LoDo: Ernie Garrison, 303-322-1965, ext. 2502, firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlands Ranch: Michael Parker, 303-322-1965, ext.3500, email@example.com