"#1 best-selling guide to Colombia* "
Lonely Planet Colombia is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Step into the pages ofa novel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, watch the sunrise in El Cocuy, or pick your own coffee beans in Zona Cafetera; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Colombia and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Colombia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviewsfor all budget - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, culture, history, art, literature, music, sports, politics, landscapes, and wildlife
- Over 43 local maps
- Useful features - including If You Like, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Colombia Outdoors
- Coverage of Bogota, Zona Cafetera, Cartagena, Medellin, El Cocuy, San Agustin, Mompox, San Andres, Providencia, Cali, the Amazon Basin, the Pacific Coast, the Caribbean Coast, Boyaca, Santander, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Colombia, our most comprehensive guide to Colombia, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's South America on a Shoestring guide for a comprehensive look at all the continent has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Kevin Raub, Alex Egerton, and Mike Power.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times"
"'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia) "
"*Bestselling guide to Colombia Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, May 2011 to April 2012."