The Heaven Promise: Engaging the Bible's Truth about Life to Come (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Heaven. Eternity. The Afterlife. When you mention any of these concepts, people of all ages and from all walks of life are certain to have opinions. How can we know for sure what heaven will be like? According to New Testament scholar and popular author Scot McKnight, all we need to do is turn to Scripture to answer our questions. McKnight helps you examine God's Word in order to discover what awaits you on the other side of the grave and find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding heaven, including: 1. What about Near Death Experiences?
2. What about Rewards in Heaven?
3. Who Will Be in Heaven?
4. Is God Fair?
5. Will There Be Families in Heaven?
6. What about Children Who Die?
7. What about Cremation?
8. What about Purgatory?
9. Will There Be Pets in Heaven?
10. Why Believe in Heaven? Heaven isn't the construction of a fairy tale or some mystical narrative. It's very real; it's very good; and it's very much the fulfillment of God's promise to you.
About the Author
Scot McKnight is the author of more than fifty books, including The Jesus Creed and The Heaven Promise. A popular speaker at events such as Catalyst and Q Conference, Scot is professor of New Testament at Northern Seminary in Lombard, Illinois. His blog, Jesus Creed, experiences three million page views annually. He and his wife, Kris, live in the Chicago suburbs.