The Little Big Book of Christmas (Hardcover)
Long out of print, the definitive Christmas anthology is back...deeply revised with new images, recipes, jacket, and introduction. Lavishly illustrated throughout with nineteenth- and twentieth-century artwork, this book is everything you want Christmas to be -- loving, warm and celebratory. Timeless and adorable, beautifully designed, "The Little Big Book of Christmas" is a great big stocky little book--stuffed with stories to read, carols to sing, biblical verse to share, recipes to make and bake, and Christmas history and lore to learn.
Inside you'll find:
- Gospel stories, including those of St. Luke and St. Matthew.
- Poetry of William Shakespeare, John Milton, Robert Frost, Clement Clarke Moore, Ogden Nash, W. H. Auden, and Lewis Carroll.
- Stories from Louisa May Alcott, Hans Christian Andersen, Charles Dickens, O. Henry, Langston Hughes, Norman Vincent Peale, Lincoln Steffens, and Selma Lagerlof.
- Christmas lore from Dorothy Thompson, Norman Vincent Peale, and Francis P. Church.
- Carols galore including "O Little Town of Bethlehem," "Silent Night," "The First Noel," "Joy to the World," and "The Twelve Days of Christmas."
- The best holiday recipes, including New England Eggnog, Classic Sugar Cookies, Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Sticks, A Brownie Christmas Tree, Swedish Gingerbread Cookies, Refrigerator Cookies, and Scandinavian Glogg.
About the Author
Lena Tabori is publisher, director, and founder of Welcome Enterprises, Inc., a publishing and packaging company based in New York and San Francisco.
She has spent her professional life in publishing, beginning at Harry N. Abrams in 1967, which she later left to create Welcome and to cofound Stewart, Tabori & Chang, a publishing company. Love is an enduring subject for Tabori, who has previously edited Kisses, published by Turner Publishing, in 1991, and Love: A Celebration in Art and Literature with Jane Lahr for STC in 1982.
Lena Taborilives in San Francisco and New York City with her significant other, Frank.
Natasha Tabori Fried is managing editor at Welcome Enterprises. She was formerly an associate producerat the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour andFox News Channel.
Christopher Measom writes frequently about travel. When not on the road he can be found in lower Manhattan editing books ("Kinsey") and writing ("The Little Big Book of Laughter"). He is currently studying with choreographer Pooja Narang in preparation for work on (and to write about) the upcoming Bollywood musical, "Marigold," which begins production as soon as the monsoons subside.
Timothy Shaner has created everything from direct response mail to packaging to film titles. Most recently his specialty is books, designing more than fifty ranging from the ridiculous ("The Little Big Book of Pooh") to the sublime ("Horst Interiors"). Having had a hand in both graphic design and sex for many years, he thought it would be interesting to combine the two.