Insider's Guide to Better Nursing Home Care: 75 Tips You Should Know (Paperback)
As the baby-boomer generation ages, nursing home care is likely to become a major social problem. New residents will put huge strains on already short staffing at a time when funding to government-assisted homes (75 percent of all nursing homes) is lower than ever.
Based on her ten years of experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in many care facilities, attorney Donna M. Reed shares her insider knowledge to help ensure that nursing home residents receive the best care possible. Reed focuses on the following key points:
- The legal requirements of nursing homes regarding delivery of care
- The ways in which many nursing homes regularly break these laws
- Detailed descriptions of how the typical nursing home operates
- The responsibilities of each nursing home employee
- Nursing home inspections
- Residents' rights
- How to avoid substandard care
- What actions to take to improve nursing home life
Reed's firsthand knowledge of nursing home care and her in-depth understanding of the legal requirements that protect residents offer invaluable information to readers concerned about nursing home care for a loved one.
About the Author
Donna M. Reed (Kernersville, NC) worked as a nursing assistant and Licensed Practical Nurse in numerous nursing homes in California and New England. She is now an attorney and lives in North Carolina.