The Mindful Way through Pregnancy: Meditation, Yoga, and Journaling for Expectant Mothers (Hardcover)
Shipped to Tattered Cover in 3 to 7 days
Pregnancy is a time of wonder and of momentous change, both emotionally and physically. For many women, it is a time like no other in their lives, filled with excitement and awe but also with great uncertainty and vulnerability. This book-and-audio program brings together writings and simple daily practices for bringing the transformative power of mindfulness to this special time.
The Mindful Way through Pregnancy features:
• Yoga and meditation teacher Anne Cushman on finding balance amid the emotional ups and downs of pregnancy
• Author Celia Straus on bonding with your child during pregnancy
• Yoga teacher Jennifer Brilliant on caring for your changing body
• Meditation teacher Judith Lief on calming your fears about childbirth and parenthood
• Author Mimi Doe on setting your intentions for parenthood
• Zen teacher Karen Maezen Miller on mindfulness and the childbirth experience
Also included is an audio CD of guided meditation instruction for four simple meditation practices for expectant mothers. Drawn from the Buddhist tradition, these practices offer different ways to develop a sense of calm well-being throughout pregnancy.
About the Author
Susan Piver is an author and meditation teacher whose books include New York Times best-seller <em style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">The Hard Questions, How Not to Be Afraid of Your Own Life, and <em style="mso-bidi-font-style:normal">The Wisdom of a Broken Heart. Trained in the Shambhala Buddhist lineage, she leads workshops and retreats around the country.
Praise for The Mindful Way through Pregnancy: Meditation, Yoga, and Journaling for Expectant Mothers…
“Kudos to Piver for not glossing over the hard parts of pregnancy.”—Shambhala Sun