Dear Shoppers, We are undergoing a company-wide computer system upgrade, and the inventory levels listed on our website may not accurately reflect what is actually on our shelves. Please give us a call at 303-322-7727 and a bookseller will be happy to check stock for you. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Best Buddhist Writing 2011 (Paperback)
A thought-provoking mix of the most notable and insightful Buddhism-inspired writing published in the last year.
The Best Buddhist Writing 2011 includes:
• Karen Miller's story of love, marriage, and dishes
• Joanna Macy on the First Noble Truth and healing from the legacy of Chernobyl
• Brian Haycock's taxi ride on the Dharma Road
• His Holiness the Dalai Lama's manifesto on tolerance
• Dzogchen Ponlop on the rebel buddha inside you
• An adoption love story by Leza Lowitz
• Ira Sukrungruang's humorous meditation on death
• Elizabeth Mattis-Namgyel on finding the courage to live in reality as it is
• Susan Piver on the wisdom of a broken heart
• Thich Nhat Hanh on healing the wounded child within
• Matthieu Ricard's answer to the question: why meditate?
• Rick Bass on the lessons of the Gulf oil spill
• Pico Iyer's insider's look at the heart of the Dalai Lama
• And much more
“It’s the juxtaposition of overtly religious essays against explorations of everyday life that makes this volume such captivating reading.”—Booklist
“Sit with it patiently and without expectation, and great things will emerge.”—Yoga International