Quiet Mind: A Beginner's Guide to Meditation (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
This unique book-and-audio program brings together some of the country's most beloved meditation teachers. Each contributor presents a short written teaching along with an audio recording of a guided practice. Quiet Mind features: - Sakyong Mipham on shamatha, the practice of tranquillity
- Larry Rosenberg on vipassana, the practice of clear seeing
- Edward Espe Brown on zazen, the practice of freedom
- Sharon Salzberg on metta, the practice of lovingkindness
- Judith Lief on tonglen, the practice of transformation
- Tulku Thondup on healing the body and mind through meditation
- Yoga teacher Richard Faulds on the link between yoga and meditation Includes a 78-minute CD.
About the Author
Susan Piver is an author and meditation instructor whose books include How Not to Be Afraid of Your Own Life, The Wisdom of a Broken Heart, and the New York Times best-seller The Hard Questions. She has appeared on Oprah, The Today Show, the CBS Early Show, The Tyra Banks Show, and other national television programs in connection with her books. She leads workshops and retreats around the country on living an awakened life.