What Color Is Your Parachute? 2010: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers (Hardcover)
What Color Is Your Parachute? has been the bestselling job-hunting book in the world for more than three decades, in good times and bad, and it continues to be a fixture on best-seller lists, from New York Times to BusinessWeek. It has sold more than 10 million copies and has been translated into 20 languages around the world. Parachute is streamlined this year to help those struggling in these hard economic times acquire the job-search tools they need faster and more efficiently. Its life-saving information is, as always, updated and relevant to today’s job market.
Career guru Richard N. Bolles leads job-hunters to find meaningful work. He asks, WHAT skills do you most love to use? Where—in what field—would you most love to use them? And how do you find such a job without depending on agencies and ads? What Color Is Your Parachute? is not only about finding a job in hard times. It’s about finding your passion. In the words of Fortune magazine: “Parachute remains the gold standard of career guides.”
This New York Times and BusinessWeek bestseller answers such questions as:
• I was just laid off from my current job. What do I do first?
• What are the most helpful job sites on the Internet, out of the thousands that are there?
• What are the five best–and worst–ways to hunt for a job?
• I haven’t a clue how to do salary negotiation. Help!
• In general, what are employers looking for?
• What interview questions can I expect to be asked, and how do I answer them?
• I’m over 50. What special problems do I face when I go job-hunting?
• How do I survive financially while I’m out of work, and how do I find health insurance when I have no employer?
[This is the hardcover edition.]