Living with Chronic Pain: The Complete Health Guide to the Causes and Treatment of Chronic Pain (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Chronic pain is a condition that afflicts over 50 million Americans.
Chronic pain can be a symptom of a variety of illnesses, injuries, or chronic conditions. From back pain to migraine headaches to arthritis, from sports injuries to cancer, chronic pain can afflict anyone at any age. It is one of the most frequently under-treated conditions and, even worse, many doctors simply ignore it.
Chronic pain specialist Dr. Jennifer Schneider offers expert advice and guidance to the millions of Americans who suffer with chronic pain.
In "Living with Chronic Pain"you'll learn:
* How to choose a pain specialist doctor
* The latest information on the warnings and recalls of popular Cox-2 inhibitor and NSAID painkillers such as Vioxx.
* The truth about opioids and why they are under-prescribed
* The most up-to-date non-drug approaches to pain management including physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, brain stimulation, biofeedback, counseling and more
* Details on clinical trials, the new analgesics and cutting-edge endorphin research
Now updated with the latest information about medications and treatments, the second edition of "Living with Chronic Pain" is essential reading for anyone suffering with or treating this debilitating condition.
About the Author
Jennifer P. Schneider, M.D., Ph.D., is a physician certified in internal medicine, addiction medicine, and pain management. She is the author of eight books, including Back from Betrayal and Sex, Lies, and Forgiveness.