The Art of Metal Clay: Techniques for Creating Jewelry and Decorative Objects [With DVD] (Paperback)
The bestselling The Art of Metal Clay returns--revised and expanded to highlight the latest developments in this exciting medium
Since it was first published in 2004, The Art of Metal Clay has introduced thousands of readers to metal clay--the moldable, malleable clay that becomes pure metal after it's fired. Now author, designer, and jewelry-making instructor Sherri Haab has updated her classic book to include the most current and user-friendly information on this revolutionary material, including:
- the new bronze and copper clays, with must-have instructions for successful firing
- up-to-date, detailed information on firing with stones
- an improved method for calculating accurate ring sizes
- two recently developed techniques for etching metal clay
- new techniques for adding color, including working with pigments and enamels
- all-new, inspiring galleries of work by prominent metal clay artists.
About the Author
SHERRI HAAB is an award-winning author, illustrator and product designer of how-to books and magazine articles for kids and adults, with more than twenty titles to her credit. Her bestselling jewelry-making books include The Art of Metal Clay, Metal Clay and Mixed Media Jewelry, Beaded Macrame Jewelry, and The Art of Resin Jewelry, all published by Watson-Guptill. In addition to writing books, Sherri gives crafting seminars throughout the United States and abroad.
"New techniques for firing with stones, etching metal clay, working with pigments and enamels, and a section covering the new copper and bronze metal clays fill this beautiful volume. Sherri is a fantastic and thorough teacher, and her oversized step-by-step photos and concise instructions make it easy to be successful." --Bead Design Studio Magazine