How to Win at College: Simple Rules for Success from Star Students (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
The only guide to getting ahead once you've gotten in--proven strategies for making the most of your college years, based on winning secrets from the country's most successful students
What does it take to be a standout student? How can you make the most of your college years--graduate with honors, choose exciting activities, build a head-turning resume, and gain access to the best post-college opportunities? Based on interviews with star students at universities nationwide, from Harvard to the University of Arizona, How to Win at College presents seventy-five simple rules that will rocket you to the top of the class. These college-tested--and often surprising--strategies include: - Don't do all your reading
- Drop classes every term
- Become a club president
- Care about your grades, Ignore your GPA
- Never pull an all-nighter
- Take three days to write a paper
- Always be working on a "grand project"
- Do one thing better than anyone else you know Proving that success has little to do with being a genius workaholic, and everything to do with playing the game, How to Win at College is the must-have guide for making the most of these four important years--and getting an edge on life after graduation.
About the Author
Cal Newport graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Dartmouth College in June 2004. He has published articles on the topic of student success in The Wall Street Journal's CollegeJournal and Business Today magazine. He is currently enrolled in the doctoral program for computer sciences at MIT and lives in Boston, Massachusetts.