The American Academy of Pediatrics New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding (Paperback)
THE BREASTFEEDING BOOK YOUR DOCTOR RECOMMENDS
Completely revised and updated second edition
The American Academy of Pediatrics answers these questions and many more in this invaluable resource to help you and your baby get the healthiest possible start. The benefits of breastfeeding will last a lifetime. With everything new mothers need to know about breastfeeding, this fully revised and updated edition covers more than a decade's worth of the latest research, including - information for mothers preparing for the first feeding and adjusting to home, family, and work as a nursing mother
- new research on ways breastfeeding can stave off childhood allergies and obesity
- expanded coverage of proper nutrition for nursing mothers, including vitamin, mineral, and supplementation recommendations
- ideal ways to establish a nursing routine and what to do when returning to work
- the father's role and creating a postpartum support network
- solutions to common breastfeeding challenges Nursing mothers everywhere will find this book an indispensable guide to important nutrition information that only the American Academy of Pediatrics can provide.
About the Author
The American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 62,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists, and pediatric specialists dedicated to the health, safety, and well-being of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. Joan Younger Meek, MD, MS, RD, FAAP, FABM, IBCLC, is a board-certified pediatrician, registered dietician, and internationally board-certified lactation consultant. A previous board member and past president of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine and chair of the U.S. Breastfeeding Committee (2008-2010), she is the mother of three breastfed children and grandmother of two breastfed children. Winnie Yu is the author of The Everything Health Guide to Fibromyalgia, the coauthor with Winnie Scherer of The Encyclopedia of What to Eat for What Ails You: A Complete Guide to Special Diets and Nutritional Cures for Everything from Arthritis to Warts, and the coauthor with Joan Younger Meek of The American Academy of Pediatrics New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding.