Henry V (Mass Market Paperbound)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
A triumphantly patriotic play that also casts a critical eye at war and warriors, this great epic drama depicts a charismatic ruler in a time of national struggle. The young King Henry's victory over the French despite overwhelming odds creates a spectacle of action, color, and thundering battles. Whether the warrior-king is urging his men "Once more unto the breach, dear friends," or wooing Katharine of France, Henry is magnificently adapted to the role he must play in England's greatness. Henry V represents the culmination of Shakespeare's art as a writer of historical drama. Each Edition Includes:
- Comprehensive explanatory notes
- Vivid introductions and the most up-to-date scholarship
- Clear, modernized spelling and punctuation, enabling contemporary readers to understand the Elizabethan English
- Completely updated, detailed bibliographies and performance histories
- An interpretive essay on film adaptations of the play, along with an extensive filmography.