Company Manners: How to Behave in the Workplace in the 90s (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
In Company Manners, Lois Wyse gives the ploys, power plays, and protocols that have nothing to do with Emily Post and everything to do with making it to the top in any corporation. Company Manners will show you:
- How to survive and win despite reorganizations, shakeouts, and corporate warfare
- How to star as a team player
- How to be good to yourself in order to be better at your work
- How to turn a social event into a business coup
- How to make a one-hour lunch more productive than a two-hour meeting
- How to beat the competition
- How to deal with sex in the office
- How to read body language and unspoken signals
- How to take control of a meeting that isn't going your way
- How to make corporate pressure work for you rather than against you
- How to develop your own style for success In Wyse's no-nonsense style, illustrated with personal anecdotes and insiders' stories, Company Manners is the book for anyone who wants the best of everything in the fast-moving, hard-hitting business world.
About the Author
Lois Wyse (1926-2007) was an advertising executive and author. She was cofounder of Wyse Advertising that worked with a wide range of clients, including Revlon and American Express, and was credited with a tagline for the J.M. Smucker Co. ("With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good"). Wyse also wrote more than 60 books, from novels to books about business, poetry, and love.