Making a Baby: Everything You Need to Know to Get Pregnant (Paperback)
You may have waited a long time. You may have tried and tried. Now your chances of having a baby are better than ever!
For ten years, Making a Baby has been the definitive source for couples who want to get pregnant, offering vital information on fertility technology, advances in baby-boosting medications, and cutting-edge medical techniques. Written with compassion and clarity, and now with even more tips on the best ways to prepare the body to get pregnant, this invaluable book, in a newly revised and updated edition, reveals how to protect, increase, and extend your fertility. Inside you’ll find
• the four basic requirements for reproduction
• findings from the Harvard Nurses’ Health Study that explain dietary ways to boost fertility
• breakthrough information connecting insulin levels with ovulation
• updates on the importance of marine omega-3 fatty acids in your baby’s development
• groundbreaking pregnancy advice for women over 35
• news about polycystic ovary syndrome—and the recommended fertility drugs that may temporarily override this condition and boost chances of conception
• what every man should know about his long-term reproductive health, including the most recent findings on male infertility
This detailed, insightful, and meticulously researched book will help guide you to a wonderful new beginning as a parent!
About the Author
Debra Fulghum Bruce is a medical writer and author of sixty books on health and wellness, including The Sinus Cure and "The Fibromyalgia Handbook."