Healing Remedies: More Than 1,000 Natural Ways to Relieve the Symptoms of Common Ailments, from Arthritis and Allergies to Diabetes, Ost (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
A PRACTICAL, SAFE, TIME-TESTED, AND EFFECTIVE A-TO-Z GUIDE TO NATURAL HEALING REMEDIES For years, sisters Joan Wilen and Lydia Wilen have been collecting and incredible home remedies. These range from old treatments that have been passed down for centuries (but forgotten by modern medicine) to methods recently uncovered by doctors and medical researchers. Healing Remedies combines the best entries from the Wilens' Chicken Soup & Other Folk Remedies books, plus a significant amount of new material, including sections on diabetes, osteoporosis, ADD, anxiety, and children's common ailments-from colic and diaper rash to tantrums and teething. Also, check out these other remarkable remedies: - Eating two pectin-packed apples a day may help lower blood pressure.
- For an energy boost, slap the inside of your elbows and the back of your knees.
- Eating one-half avocado a day may lower cholesterol by up to 42 percent.
- Vaporize a headache by bringing a cup of apple cider vinegar to a slow boil, then put a towel over your head, bend over the pot at a safe distance, and inhale/exhale through your nose for about 10 minutes.
- To tone up your circulatory system and strengthen your heart, pretend to vigorously conduct an orchestra for 10 minutes a day.
- To improve your memory, pop six raw almonds a day.
- Add pizzazz to your sex life by consuming any fruit beginning with p: peaches, plums, pears, pineapple, papaya, and persimmon.
- Practice "girth control" by killing your cravings with pure grape juice. Though not meant as a substitute for doctor's visits, this amazing guide also features special sections on men's health challenges, especially prostate concerns, and women's symptom relief, from cramps and morning sickness to vaginitis and hot flashes. Remedies galore-and more-are at your fingertips.
About the Author
Lydia Wilen is a health investigator and author. With her sister, Joan, she conducts frequent lectures and workshops on natural cures and remedies. In addition to their numerous television and radio appearances, the sisters have had articles written by and about them for major magazines and newspapers including Cosmopolitan, The New York Times, and Parade. They had a weekly full-page feature in the New York Daily News Sunday Magazine for two years and three rotating features in Newsday. She lives in New York City. Joan Wilen is a health investigator and author, well known for her books, media tours, and frequent appearances on national and local television shows with her sister, Lydia Wilen. They have appeared on the Today show, CBS This Morning, and Good Day New York, and have been guests on hundreds of radio shows. Wilen lives in New York City.