How to Wow: Proven Strategies for Selling Your [Brilliant] Self in Any Situation (Paperback)
"The invaluable advice in How to Wow guarantees your success in any meeting situation, from the boardroom to the breakfast table."
-Keith Ferrazzi, author of Never Eat Alone In today's fast-paced world, where an elevator ride with your CEO can turn into an impromptu meeting, your lunch date can become a job interview, and your conversation at a cocktail party may be a preamble to a potential business merger, knowing how to market yourself in any situation is vital. Corporate coach Frances Cole Jones has helped numerous CEOs, celebrities, and public personalities present their best selves on camera and onstage, in boardrooms and in person; now in her new book, How to Wow, she shares her strategies for making your mark in business and in life. Every encounter, Jones believes, provides you with an opportunity to positively influence colleagues, employers, neighbors-even competitors. Not only your words, but your tone of voice and your body language speak volumes. The question, however, is: Are they working together to say what you want them to, as effectively as possible? Inside, you'll learn how to - leave a lasting impression with a simple introduction
- effectively employ the twelve most persuasive words in the English language and command the stage, boardroom, or lunch table
- read nonverbal responses accurately-and shift negative ones immediately
- motivate your team under deadline
- interview fearlessly and flawlessly
- write the perfect pitch, resume, cover letter, or e-mail
- deliver speeches that bring people to their feet
- transform a PowerPoint presentation into a powerful success With easy-to-follow advice, amusing anecdotes, and immediately employable hints, Jones's guidelines can keep you cool (even in hot water). From asking the right questions to giving the right answers, How to Wow will provide you with the confidence to be calm and commanding in all you do and to wow anyone anywhere anytime. From the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Frances Cole Jones founded Cole Media Management in 1997. From the beginning, the company's focus has been cultivating clients' inherent strengths to develop the powerful communication skills that will enhance their professional and personal performance. The scope of her work includes preparation for television and print interviews, IPO road shows, meetings with potential investors, and internal meetings with partners, sales staff, and in-house personnel. She also provides presentation skills seminars and speechwriting for clients. She lives in New York City. From the Hardcover edition.
"The invaluable advice in How to Wow guarantees your success in any meeting situation, from the boardroom to the breakfast table." --Keith Ferrazzi, author of Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
"Read How to Wow if you want to change a great idea from a concept to a reality that clearly means business. It's the best make-over I ever got."--Veronica Webb, TV Host
"I have had the privilege of working with Frances Cole Jones and witnessing her uncanny ability to get to the bottom of what's working and what's not. How to Wow embodies her logical, easy to follow and fun strategies for personal transformation. No matter whether you are at the top of your game or just starting out, this book will swiftly refocus the message that you are sending to the world." --David Beal, President, National Geographic Entertainment