Extreme Cakeovers: Make Showstopping Desserts from Store-Bought Ingredients (Paperback)
Wanted: Must love candy, cookies, frosting, and fun. "No experience required "
Make over any purchased sheet cake or frozen pound cake into a stunning creation that looks like it came from a fancy bakery--no special skills or equipment necessary Even if you've never tried to decorate a cake before, with a good supply of candies and other store-bought treats and the detailed instructions in "Extreme Cakeovers, "you'll be able to accomplish forty unique designs. You can:
- Fashion robot hands from chocolate-covered doughnuts
- Make Fruit Roll-ups blossom into a bouquet of red roses
- Roll Rice Krispies Treats and Swedish Fish into realistic sushi
- String a pretty strand of gumball pearls
- Create a train smokestack from an ice cream cone and marshmallow
Including tips and designs to please everyone from five to one hundred, "Extreme Cakeovers" is a whimsical guide to crafting cakes that will be the centerpiece of any occasion, from kids' birthdays to Halloween, Father's Day to Valentine's Day, engagement parties to retirement gatherings.