Knitting Pattern Essentials: Adapting and Drafting Knitting Patterns for Great Knitwear (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Bring Your Vision to Life with Pattern-Drafting Essentials
What's the number one mistake that knitters make? They follow a pattern exactly In this comprehensive guide to sweater construction, acclaimed knitting instructor Sally Melville reveals the secrets to creating or modifying a pattern so the finished project looks and fits exactly how you want it to. Pattern drafting has never been easier to understand as Sally breaks down each skill, including how to
- calculate your personal measurements, ease, and stitch patterns
- create a pattern for an existing garment that you love
- shape a variety of necklines, shoulders, sides, sleeves, and hemlines
- combine garment elements for an endless array of design possibilities
- rescue a project when it doesn't turn out as expected
- finish your projects with a professional look
- knit 10 original projects that showcase the elements covered in the book
With Sally's knitting expertise at your fingertips, you have all the tools you need to adjust patterns to fit you better than ever and create patterns that finally make your dream designs a reality.
About the Author
SALLY MELVILLE is a widely published and highly sought after knitwear designer who every year teaches a dozen different workshops at more than twenty venues across North America. Her work has appeared in many magazines, from "Vogue Knitting" to "Interweave Knits, " and she is the author of several books, including the bestselling Knitting Experience series. Visit Sally online at www.sallymelvilleknits.com.