More Word Smart: How to Build an Impressive Vocabulary (Paperback)
Build a More Impressive Vocabulary.
Did you know that:
• The word "noisome" has nothing whatsoever to do with noise?
• "Ordinance" and "ordnance" have two distinct meanings?
• An "errant" fool is a fool who is lost, while an "arrant" fool is one whose foolishness is obvious?
If any of these facts caught you by surprise, then you need More Word Smart. More than one million people improved their vocabulary with the original Word Smart, but an educated and powerful vocabulary doesn’t stop growing with one book! All of words featured in More Word Smart belong in an impressive vocabulary. Learning and using these words effectively can help you get better grades, score higher on tests, and communicate more confidently at work.
MORE WORD SMART includes:
• A rigorous emphasis on correct pronunciation
• Specialized chapters that highlight vocabulary from classic literature, law, and religion
• A guide to frequently occurring usage errors in written English
• Two chapters focusing on the words frequently found on the SAT and other standardized tests
About the Author
The Princeton Review is the fastest growing test-preparation company in the country, with over 60 franchise offices in the nation. Each year, we help more than 2 million students prepare for college, grad school, professional licensing exams, and successful careers.