Hers: Design with a Feminine Touch (Hardcover)
Design your own beautiful sanctuary in any space, with unabashedly feminine style
Whether you are happily single or a mother of four, having a room that pleases you is a common fantasy. After all, what woman doesn’t want a modern, romantic, feminine, grown-up space that she can call her own—where she can listen to opera (or eighties music) and engross herself in the pages of Jane Austen (or the latest celebrity gossip)?
Hers offers hundreds of stylish ways for creating your own private retreat, even when your bedroom doubles as your living room or when delicate furnishings don’t seem compatible with kid-friendly living. With some thoughtful rethinking of your home’s layout and some imagination, you can dedicate part of a shared space to your own interests, and Jacqueline deMontravel will show you how.
These interiors celebrate the beauty and comfort of feminine design with color, furniture shapes, and attractive accessories. Lose yourself in such imaginative possibilities as:
• an old-glamour boudoir complete with a vanity table and a bed piled high with linens
• a sophisticated dressing room with a plush ottoman and a floor-to-ceiling mirror
• a delightful nook created by an antique bench, a Parisian rug positioned beneath a staircase, and a whimsical clock
• a bedside seating area accented with a tufted lounge chair and a mirrored nightstand holding a collection of fashion books
• a small reading corner with a bright orange chair next to a mod table and a vase of Gerbera daisies
And because a woman’s style doesn’t always mean frills and lace, Hers includes modern interpretations of the feminine classics: stripes in place of florals, hot pink shoes displayed like works of art, or a retro red-and-black color scheme with pop accessories.
Along with hundreds of enchanting photographs, you’ll find plenty of ideas for personalizing and enjoying your space; hints on how to make your space sexy, special, and inviting; guidance on being prepared to entertain guests at a moment’s notice; new ideas for organizing and displaying collections; and even tips for beautifying a work area so it encourages creativity and not stress. With the endless inspiration and ideas in Hers, you’ll learn everything you need to know about designing a place of personalized retreat or where you can just savor doing nothing.
About the Author
Jacqueline DeMontravel is the author of The Fabulous Emily Briggs. She has no pets and no husbands. Jacqueline lives and writes in Manhattan.