Lidia's Favorite Recipes: 100 Foolproof Italian Dishes, from Basic Sauces to Irresistible Entrees (Hardcover)
Lidia Bastianich—one of the most beloved chefs and authors in America—presents her most accessible and affordable cookbook to date, a gathering of the recipes that have become her go-to meals for her very own family. But these are not only Lidia’s personal favorites; this book is a love letter to her fans. Here, she is giving us the recipes for dishes that you have raved and written about over and over—the best, the most comforting, and the most delicious dishes in her repertoire.
In Lidia’s Favorite Recipes, you’ll find a fresh take on more than 100 of Lidia’s signature and irresistibly reliable dishes, including:
· Fried Mozzarella Skewers—Spiedini alla Romana
· Escarole and White Bean Soup—Zuppa di Scarola e Cannellini
· Ziti with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage—Ziti con Broccoli Rabe e Salsicce
· Baked Stuffed Shells—Conchiglie Ripiene al Forno
· Eggplant Parmigiana—Melanzane alla Parmigiana
· Savory Seafood Stew—Zuppa di Pesce
· Chicken Cacciatore—Pollo alla Cacciatore
· Veal Ossobuco with Barley Risotto—Ossobuco di Vitello con Risotto d’Orzo
· Cannoli Napoleon—Cannolo a Strati
· Limoncello Tiramisù—Tiramisù al Limoncello
From the classic sauces to the delicious desserts, these recipes have been revised and updated to be more concise and clear, but just as soul-satisfying as ever. With new information about the affordability, seasonality, and nutritional value of the ingredients, this book shows there is no question why these dishes are the easiest and most enjoyable to bring to the family table for your most memorable moments. Beautifully illustrated throughout with full-color photographs, Lidia’s Favorite Recipes will give both new cooks and longtime fans something extraordinary to celebrate.
About the Author
Lidia Bastianich is the author of three previous books: "La Cucina di Lidia" and" "the best-selling "Lidia’ s Italian Table "and "Lidia’ s Italian-American Kitchen"– also the names of her nationally syndicated public television series. She is the owner of the very successful New York City restaurant Felidia, as well as Becco, Esca, and Lidia’ s in Pittsburgh and Kansas City, and she gives lectures on Italian cuisine throughout the country. She lives on Long Island in New York and she can be reached at her Web site, www.lidiasitaly.com.