Setting Limits in the Classroom: A Complete Guide to Effective Classroom Management with a School-Wide Discipline Plan (Paperback)
Disruptive behavior, power struggles, lack of motivation, attention deficit disorder—at times the list of obstacles to teaching seems endless. That’s why thousands of teachers and child-care providers have turned to the solutions in Setting Limits in the Classroom. This fully updated and expanded third edition offers the most up-to-date alternatives to punishment and permissiveness—moving beyond traditional methods that wear you down and get you nowhere.
• Eliminating power struggles and handling disruptions quickly
• Establishing an effective environment for learning
• Using natural and logical consequences to support your rules
• Conducting proactive, focused parent conferences
• New research and techniques for supporting special-needs children
With its new focus on younger students and special tools for handling “strong-willed”
children, this edition offers schoolteachers the tools they need to gain control of their classrooms—respectfully and effectively.
About the Author
Robert J. MacKenzie, Ed.D., is an educational psychologist and family therapist and the author of "Setting Limits" and "Setting Limits in the Classroom".