The Wall Street Journal Complete Home Owner's Guidebook: Make the Most of Your Biggest Asset in Any Market (Paperback)
Your Map for a Brave New Real-Estate World
The days of real-estate mania—when you really couldn’t go wrong with buying a home, then selling it in a few years for a lot more than you paid for it—are over. Inflated prices and the “subprime” mortgage crisis have finally burst the bubble. Now, more than ever, it’s important for current and prospective home buyers to understand just what they’re getting into when they take that plunge—and to think smarter when it comes to making the most of their biggest asset.
The Wall Street Journal. Complete Home Owner’s Guidebook shows readers how to become savvy home buyers—and eventually owners—not only in this new, uncertain era but in any market:
• Understand the benefits and pitfalls of owning versus renting
• Make sense of the housing market—ask the important questions, factor in the unforeseen costs, and explode the big myths of home ownership
• Take advantage of current opportunities if you’re a first-time home buyer
• Overcome the challenges if you’re looking to trade up or cash out on your home for retirement
• Make the best profit on your home in any market
• Understand why your home—your number one asset—really isn’t such a
About the Author
David Crook is Senior Lecturer in History of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London.