Reinventing Comics: How Imagination and Technology Are Revolutionizing an Art Form (Paperback)
Shipped to Tattered Cover in 3 to 7 days
In 1993, Scott McCloud tore down the wall between high and low culture with the acclaimed international hit Understanding Comics, a massive comic book that explored the inner workings of the worlds most misunderstood art form. Now, McCloud takes comics to te next leavle, charting twelve different revolutions in how comics are created, read, and preceived today, and how they're poised to conquer the new millennium.
Part One of this fascinating and in-depth book includes:
- The life of comics as an art form and as literture
- The battle for creators' rights
- Reinventing the business of comics
- The volatile and shifting public percptions of comics
- Sexual and ethnic representation on comics
Then in Part Two, McCloud paints a brethtaling picture of comics' digital revolutions, including:
- The intricacies of digital production
- The exploding world of online delivery
- The ultimate challenges of the infinite digital canvas
About the Author
Scott McCloud has been writing, drawing, and examining comics since 1984. Winner of the Eisner and Harvey awards, his works have been translated into more than sixteen languages. Frank Miller (Sin City, 300) called him "just about the smartest guy in comics." He lives with his family in southern California. His online comics and inventions can be found at scottmccloud.com.