Girltalk Fourth Edition: All the Stuff Your Sister Never Told You (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
From bra shopping to babysitting, from making close friends to making great grades, Girltalk has all the answers
Upbeat and up-to-date, honest and hip, Girltalk is an "indispensable guide" (Working Mother) for girls ages eleven to eighteen. This Fourth Edition is the ultimate preteen and teen source for advice on:
- Body: looking and feeling your best
- Friendship: you don't like everybody -- why should everybody like you?
- Love: falling in, falling out
- Sex: what you should know before saying yes
- Family: making the best of your nest
- Education: getting through school, getting into college
- Money: making it, saving it, spending it
- Smoking, Drinking, and Drugs: advice without lectures
- Quizzes: getting to know yourself
About the Author
Carol Weston is a writer and speaker. She is the author of For Girls Only, Private and Personal, and Girltalk (Fourth Edition) as well as four Melanie Martin novels for younger readers. She's also the "Dear Carol" advice columnist of Girls' Life. Parenting says "Carol Weston gets girls" and Newsweek calls her a "Teen Dear Abby." Of For Girls Only, USA Today wrote, "There are so many dumb advice books that it's a pleasure to find one that really works." Carol has been a guest on Today, Oprah, The View, and other shows and has spoken at many schools both as an author of novels for elementary school kids as well as an advice giver for middle and high school kids. A Phi Beta Kappa Yale graduate with an M.A. in Spanish, she can give a talk at your school in English or Spanish. She now lives in Manhattan with her husband, daughters, and feisty cat Mike.