Dear Shoppers, We are undergoing a company-wide computer system upgrade, and the inventory levels listed on our website may not accurately reflect what is actually on our shelves. Please give us a call at 303-322-7727 and a bookseller will be happy to check stock for you. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2016 Colorado Teen Book Con
Tattered Cover is excited to present the inaugural Colorado Teen Book Con! Saturday, October 15, 2016, 9:00 am - 4:45 pm at Littleton High School in Littleton, CO. Mark your calendars!
This is a full day event with two keynote presentations, a bunch of author panels, and a big author signing party at the end of the day. And food trucks. Of course, food trucks. Books will be for sale throughout the day.
This event, open exclusively to teens, is free, but you must register.
EVENT FLYER: Download the full-color 8.5" x 11" event flyer. Help spread the word to teens!
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Littleton High School: 199 E Littleton Blvd, Littleton, CO 80121
9am - 4:45am
- 9am - 9:30am: Check-In & Badge Pick-Up at Welcome/Registration Desk MAIN LOBBY
- 9:30am – 10:15am: Author Introductions & Opening Keynote AUDITORIUM
- 10:15am – 10:30am: BREAK (Bookstore open; NORTH GYM Upper Level)
- 10:30am – 11:15am: Breakout Panels #1 (Choose 1 of 4 panels) PANEL #1: AUDITORIUM, PANEL #2: FORUM, PANEL #3: LIBRARY, PANEL #4: SOUTH GYM
- 11:15am – 11:30am: BREAK (Bookstore open; NORTH GYM Upper Level)
- 11:30am – 12:15pm: Breakout Panels #2 (Choose 1 of 4 panels) PANEL #1: AUDITORIUM, PANEL #2: FORUM, PANEL #3: LIBRARY, PANEL #4: SOUTH GYM
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm: LUNCH – Food Trucks (Bookstore open) CAFETERIA & OUTSIDE
- 1:15pm – 2pm: Breakout Panels #3 (Choose 1 of 4 panels) PANEL #1: AUDITORIUM, PANEL #2: FORUM, PANEL #3: LIBRARY, PANEL #4: SOUTH GYM
- 2pm – 2:15pm: BREAK (Bookstore open; NORTH GYM Upper Level)
- 2:15pm – 3pm: Closing Keynote AUDITORIUM
- 3pm – 3:15pm: BREAK (Bookstore open; NORTH GYM Upper Level)
- 3:15pm – 4:45pm: Great Big Book Signing (Bookstore open) NORTH GYM Lower Level
This event is open only to teens. If you're a librarian or educator, we have volunteer opportunities! You'll get to see most of the program this way. If interested, please email Kristen Gilligan. PLEASE NOTE: We have had overwhelming interest in volunteering and are full at this time. However, please add your name to our waiting list by emailing Kristen Gilligan as plans change and spaces could open up.
Librarians & Educators
While teens are already registering individually, we wanted to give you an opportunity to bring teens from your school or public library in groups. Whether a book club, writing club, or some other gathering of literary students, we know that some of you would like to bring groups of kids. With that in mind, we've created this special registration form for you to use.
Simply list the names of the students you're going to bring. If you need to use a placeholder, that's fine, but please only secure places for the number of students you are confident will attend. We expect this event to be fully subscribed. (We're capping attendance at 500.) Please also include the name of one chaperone -- if needed -- from your school, and note who the chaperone is. (We cannot accommodate more than one. Chaperones are not required.)
And of course, feel free to promote the individual registration page to your students or teen patrons.
YA Author Happy Hour (21+ - there's alcohol)
Friday, October 14, 2016 at Tattered Cover Aspen Grove (7301 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, CO 80120) 7pm - 8:30pm For all of you non-teen readers of YA fiction, don't worry, we've got you covered! The night before Teen Book Con, those same authors are joining us at the Tattered Cover Aspen Grove for a private, adults-only author party. This is your chance to meet your favorite authors, get a book (or two, or five) signed, and meet other adult readers of YA Fiction. Check out the complete author line-up below. Party food and wine provided by our friends at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. Beer provided by Fiction Beer Company. The $10.00 ticket price includes admission for one person to the party, party snacks, wine and beer, and $10.00 off the purchase of books at the event. You must be 21 or older to attend, and ID will be required. The bookstore will be closed for this very exclusive reception, so a ticket is required. Purchase a ticket here.
- Keynotes Announced! Scott Westerfeld and Danielle Paige!!!
- SAVE THE DATE!
- Registration Open and Full-Author Line-Up
- Counting Down to Colorado Teen Book Con! Includes Author Interviews (Sept 21, 2016)
- Less Than Two Weeks To Colorado Teen Book Con! Includes Author Interviews (Oct 5, 2016)
Opening Keynote: Danielle Paige (Stealing Snow)
Closing Keynote: Scott Westerfeld (Swarm)
PANEL #1: When Worlds Collide (Room: AUDITORIUM)
Some truly stellar YA novels see characters crossing from one reality to another -- dream states to waking states, future to past, parallel dimensions. Hear the process by which these authors create these worlds, and how they manage characters through multiple realities.
- Emily France (Signs of You)
- Aimee Friedman (Two Summers)
- Carrie Jones (Flying)
- Daniel Kraus (The Death and Life of Zebulon Finch, Volume Two: Empire Decayed)
- N. K. Traver (Duplicity)
PANEL #2: Bad-Ass Heroines (Room: FORUM)
Young adult literature has a long tradition of presenting us with strong female characters. Whether they're in chainmail or in blue jeans, these characters show strength in the face of adversity. Meet the minds behind some of today's most compelling women warriors.
- Chris Howard (Night Speed)
- Colleen Oakes (Queen of Hearts)
- Garth Nix (Goldenhand)
- Helena Coggan (The Catalyst)
- Sharon Cameron (The Forgetting)
PANEL #3: Love, Adversity & Life (Room: LIBRARY)
Great characters in teen fiction overcome adversity to find love. This panel will discuss how love and adversity were necessary ingredients for their novels.
- Jessica Brody (Boys of Summer)
- Sarah Darer Littman (In Case You Missed It)
- Estelle Laure (This Raging Light)
- Nicola Yoon (The Sun is Also a Star)
- Krystal Sutherland (Our Chemical Hearts)
PANEL #4: Scary, Creepy & Weird... Oh My! (Room: SOUTH GYM)
Murder, mayem, mystery, and horror abound in this panel featuing writers of bone-chilling stories.
- Emily Hainsworth (Take the Fall)
- Zoraida Córdova (Labyrinth Lost)
- Cat Winters (The Steep and Thorny Way)
- William Ritter (Ghost Echoes: A Jackaby Novel)
- Matthew Kirby (A Taste For Monsters)